The purpose of traditional martial arts is to train a warrior’s mind and body. Martial arts focuses not only on physical combat but also the development of certain psychological characteristics such as clear decision-making, confidence, and control.
Why celebs use martial arts
Movie stars are under constant pressure from the media, the public and themselves.
Success brings unwanted intrusion and puts actors under the microscope. There every action is photographed and commented on.
Coping with these pressures is hard. Actors and actresses seek ways of dealing with the pressure of stardom some turn to drink, drugs, sex, and others end up in rehab.
It's tough being successful and you need to be tough to survive. Surprisingly many celebs suffer from low self-esteem and lack confidence.
It's not surprising that in order to cope stars turn to a range of activities that can help them survive.
Martial Arts Releases Pressure
Martial arts encompass different styles, such as Karate, Taekwondo, Wing Chun, Krav Maga, to name but a few. They all have a number of things in common that can help not only movie stars but anyone who is under pressure, suffer from low esteem, or lack confidence.
Boosting self-worth and confidence is enshrined in martial arts couple that with physical exercise makes it a stand out a way for stars to regain a balance in there otherwise chaotic lives.
5 reasons why Martial Arts Help Movie Stars
The life of a star can mean frantic activity coupled periods of inactivity. This in itself causes stress. Martial arts can help people deal with the highs and lows of life. Creating a self-confidence, awareness, and balance in their lives.
1) Self-confidence participating in Martial arts increases ones belief in oneself and less on what other people think. Today's star could be tomorrows failure. Being able to accept defeat and success is all part of martial arts. You never know who you will face and the fact is your going to meet someone stronger fitter and better than you., Get used to it.
2) Respect when you are loved by everyone it can develop a level of arrogance and narcissism. This is unhealthy. Martial Arts focuses on respect for everyone young and old no matter how rich you respect others and they will respect you. Stars need to respect their audiences and practice humility.
3) Reduced Stress. Stress is something that everyone can overcome. Getting that star V personal life into shape. Martial arts helps students accept humility and once to accept humility you can reduce stress.
4) Fitness and agility come from training and exercise. In fact, its all part of the art and increased fitness means less stress on the body. It creates a feel-good factor which reduces the dependence on other stimulants.
5) Improved energy levies mean long hours on the set waiting around or numerous takes can be draining. So having energy on tap helps to get to peak performance when it's needed.
Many people think that Martial Arts about fighting but the fact is it has a strong spiritual side to it.
Martial Arts Help Actors Perform
People love action movies and actors still carry out stunts and have to take part in demanding physical roles. In some cases, they do their own stunts.
Martial Arts conditions students, improve, flexibility, agility, across the whole body. Martial Arts not only mentally prepares the stars to deal with pressure on and off the set it also gives them the physical agility to perform stunts and participate in action scenes.
Enter Jackie Chan who has a black belt in Hapkido, and does all his own stunts.
Martial Arts is big in Moves
Bruce Lee the major exponent of martial arts in films, bringing Martial arts to Hollywood and popularizing the sport. Other big name Martial artists are Chuck Norris and Jet Li careers that pivot on Martial Arts movies.
The list of people who regularly practice Martial Martial arts is endless from, Nicholas Cage, Robert Downey Jr, Jennifer Aniston, Angiolina Jolie, Brad Pitt to name but a few.
You don't have to Be a Movie Star
You don't need to live in Hollywood or Hong Kong to benefit from learning and participating a Martial Art. It will transform your life. Movie stars practice Martial Arts not really for self-defense – they have bodyguards. They need it to get their lives in order.